Friday, September 29, 2006

THE name

We'd heard so much about Olivia before she was born, that we thought it would be fun to fill you in on what this little one will most likely be named!

Around our household, there's just one reference to the baby and that's...Caroline (pronounced "carah-line"). Rachel talks about her all the time...it's very cute the way she says it. James sings "Sweet Caroline" to my belly. (Also the reason for our dancing to the song a few months back.)

Since our move to Virginia, we have just fallen in love with the name. Living out West and growing up there, I'd never met a single little girl, Caroline. Have you ever noticed that names are regional, or at least have regional popularity? We've also met a few little girls named Charlotte out here...very different than the names you see most common out West.

We'll probably end up calling her "Carrie" for short, or "Cara". (James doesn't think Cara works to shorten the name, but we'll see...)

So, Eliza...Seth...Rachel...Caroline. There you have it!

5 comments:

Kristen P. said...

That is a great name. I was wondering if you guys had something picked out but I didn't want to ask. So were you thinking Cara pronounced "Care-A"? Because I think that works. But I think Carrie is cute. Sometimes what you think is not waht happens. I swore I'd never use Sammy. But I do it all the time. It just rolls of the tongue. I just hope that other people don't call him that and it sticks forever!

Scott said...

love it. and yes, Cara works.

Sarah Peterson said...

thats such a cute name... we never even thought of it when we were naming Olivia... good thing i guess 'cause I like it and then you couldn't have used it! very very cute..

nettie said...

I love the name Caroline! Very cute...it sounds very James and Val-ish

Janyse said...

I definitely think Cara works. Very cute. And a comment on your prego pictures....are you really pregnant? Are you like one of those characters on a soap who fakes their own pregnancy? If I were 8 1/2 months pregnant the whole world would know it...I get HUGE!! You are just cute and petite!! I guess genetics are worthless cause' I've been robbed!!!