

We spent Labor Day at Ocean City, MD. We'd promised the kids we'd go once more to the beach before the summer ended, and this was about our last chance!The weather was perfect: 80 degrees was the high. The beach was EMPTY...after all of the storms out here I guess people figured it wasn't a beach weekend.
The kids did more boogy boarding and Eliza and Seth even found starfish! That was a cool new first for us.
I lounged and read a book for the hours we were there...and ate Boardwalk Fries. I love those.
Then, on the way home things got a little scary for me. 2 hours from home, I started having contractions 15 minutes apart. No big deal. An hour later, they started coming about every 10 minutes, sometimes more closely. The pressure began to build and images of previous births haunted my mind. This was feeling all too familiar: the backache, the cramping, nausea. And I was an hour away from my doctor!
The traffic was especially light, thankfully. Every bump and turn (even changing lanes) hurt. When we saw the signs closer to home, I started breathing a little easier.
Once home, I drank TONS of water and laid down. I didn't have a single other contraction. It was a little bit more of a wake up call for me.
Since then, I've only felt that "normal" pressure feeling and have tried to really take it easy. I'll definitely admit that with this 4th I've had a lot more pains and LOTS more pressure. I look forward to it all being over! They'll induce me on the 16th or 17th of October if I haven't gone into labor myself. Yay!
8 comments:
Okay...I've tried to fix the formatting on this post 3 times and still the spacing is off...I hate when blogger doesn't publish it right.
WoW! That must have been scary--guess you were over doing it without even knowing it--take care; but the kids looked like they had fun anyway; something that they will always remember.
Sounds like a fun trip to the beach.
Scary drive home...I bet it felt like a LONG drive home. I'm glad that you are feeling better now, and hope it sticks around.
that sounds quite scary Val! It would be BAD to have a baby on the side of the road! You better stay close to that hospital! I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby when she comes! I'm SO excited for you! It's just such a great experience (I'm sure you know since you've done it 3 times already!)
Yes...no more trips of any kind. I'm not even to 34 weeks quite yet, and with all three other kids I had NO contractions (with Eliza and Rachel I seriously had NONE) of any kind until week 39. Maybe I'll actually go into labor on my own this time...I can hope!
Aaaack! I agree, don't roam too far from home! Isn't it about time I found your blog again and read the latest? Can't wait to see you all on October 18!
Love, Grandma PenGwen
You're almost there! The way I figure, it's just better to get it all over with as soon as possible. I'm so glad that I was in labor and didn't know it!!! A few more weeks for your little one will be better though.
I can't believe how big your kids are. They've changed soooo much since we last saw them.
hold out for just a little longer. i want to share my bday with a little girl.
Post a Comment