Thursday, October 05, 2006

another week

Some highlights for this week:
  • SuperTarget scooter experience: Rachel and I just had to get out of the house and do our own shopping! Did you know that those motorized carts make a LOUD reverse beep that draws everyone's attention from all angles in the store? And, their shopping capacity is limiting...but a fun experience. Stores need to shelve items lower!

  • The start of some SERIOUS nervous system woes: Like...walking down the stairs and worrying that at any moment I'm going to have a shooting pain down my groin and fall down them. Or, walking the kids to the bus, and then walking down the hill and almost falling down after a sharp psiatic nerve pain. (Think arch/toe cramp but in your groin or buttock.)
  • Dr. appointment disappointment: I am still only dilated to a 1. Proof again that my body has not figured out how to get the baby out on its own. It's just depressing.
  • Induction scheduled with the hospital: we are to arrive at the hospital on Monday, October 16th at 7:15 am to start on pitocin. Wish there was another way...
  • New discovery: the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Mop. I can actually see some white in our linoleum in the kitchen after one mopping! It's been impossible before to tell when/if I'd ever mopped. Now it looks slightly clean! I'm hoping each time I mop it will look brighter.

3 comments:

nettie said...

I am picturing you and Rachel cruising around on the scooter. I bet Rachel LOVED it!

So sorry about the psiatic nerve PAIN! It's too bad they can't induce you a week (or more) earlier. Can't wait to see pictures of the baby! Very exciting.

I have heard about the magic eraser mop, but haven't seen it in any stores, I'll have to keep looking...I wonder how it would do on tile.

Mom and Dad Pete said...

Don't worry--there is hope still! I was only dilated to a three when I went into the hospital. I went from 3-10 in about 5 hrs. Wish I was there to take the kids to the bus for you and help you out. Hang in there! That scooter experiene sounds great! I'll bet that is one for the books!

Janyse said...

I am so jealous!! I've always wanted to ride one of those scooters. They have a row of them inside the grocery store and every week I'm tempted to snag one and shorten my shopping trip!

Good luck with the next 10 days...not that anyone is counting. =)