Tuesday, October 10, 2006

what are the odds?

After we'd lived here a few months,
a friend from Colorado called
to let me know her neighbor Stacy was moving to the
Warrenton, VA area!
Then, I found out Stacy was pregnant (her 3rd)
and due in early October.
She called me for advice on doctors, etc.,
and she ended up with the same OB that I have.
She was due this past Sunday, and now is overdue.
I got a call from her yesterday,
telling me that she's scheduled to be induced
the DAY AFTER I AM!!
She'll be 9 days overdue at that point,
and I'll be 6 days prior to my due date.
So, I'm feeling a little guilty that I have
an earlier induction date...
(my doctor only induces on Mondays and Tuesdays,
so she was out of luck with Monday because I was on the schedule)
But...I've been pushing for this for months.
Do I need to feel bad?

5 comments:

Mom and Dad Pete said...

That's super that a friend has moved there! How excitingthat she is pregnant too! You will just get to enjoy that little bundle of love from heaven sooner--one day sooner. Don't feel bad! ( You'll have something to joke about)That's just where the chips fall!

nettie said...

Too bad for your friend, that's hard to be overdue! You shouldn't feel bad though...it's not your fault. Maybe she will go into labor before Monday and all will be fair in the world!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should feel a bit bad. Chances are she will go into labor on her own, so she might just beat you anyway. I can't wait to see our little Caroline (and of course, getting to play with Eliza, Seth and Rachel is just the frosting!).

Love, Grandma PenGwen

Sarah Peterson said...

only 6 days! wooeee! Thats less than a week... Take lots of pictures and video! We can't wait!!!

Valerie said...

So, Stacy had her baby this week! I'm so relieved. And I'm not dilating much more...I'm at a 1.5. I'm destined for Monday...