Friday, February 05, 2010

ready!

This morning school was canceled again. The kids only went one day out of the 5 this week, and even then it was a 2-hour delay. Today we're gearing up for some REAL snow--they're saying somewhere around 2 feet. So, yesterday was spent running around to buy batteries, groceries and a few other necessities. And today we're inside baking corn muffins and making pasta salad. A few comfort foods for a weekend in the house. I still have chocolate chip cookies and Belen's Taco Soup to make, and then we're ready for anything! Wish us luck!

{This is the pasta salad we make for every swim meet in the summer. Every Saturday we'd come with this container of salad and another full of strawberries. Good times.}

5 comments:

grandkrumps said...

And I was supposed to make that pasta salad during the Family Reunion--I just now realized that! Sounds like you are prepared to hunker down and keep warm!

Valerie said...

I'd forgotten all about that, Mom! You stay warm with your storm too.

Britta said...

Wow! Good Luck! That reminds me of a week when I was a freshman in high school. Several days of school were cancelled in Minnesota because first there was a terrible ice storm (our electricity was out for over a day. Luckily we had gas heat!) Then there was ridiculous wind chill, like -60 for the high. Ah, sometimes I don't miss living in Minnesota.

marci said...

Oh wow, that is intense! I hope you all survive the snow! It sounds like you've got some good food to get you through it!

Alisha said...

that is nuts!