Wednesday, February 17, 2010

end

Well, the end is in sight. School will reopen (I love the way they're phrasing this) tomorrow and Friday with 2-hour delays. The roads are still pretty icy. They're passable though.

Now that I can see this coming to an end, I'm a little sad. It has been really fun to have the extra family time. We've enjoyed many days of movies and treats and sleeping in. Not exactly what we had planned for the month, but enjoyable nonetheless.

6 comments:

grandkrumps said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray! But I can see your point that the relaxed atmosphere can also be fun! For a WHILE!!!!

nettie said...

wow! so how many days did your kids miss, and do they have to make them up? i love extra family time.

Britta said...

Wow, school was canceled all this time!? Unbelievable! I assumed after a couple days it would be back, but it's been like ten days?

Valerie said...

13 snow days. The DC area is really not equipped to get the ice off these roads. It's been unbelievable.

sherri said...

I was wondering about the "equipped" part of this. We've gotten snow like that before and there was maybe one or two snow days. I barely even remember having snow days. And here in NV you can get a lot of snow over night if the storm is right. 13 snow days is crazy!!! I can't believe it.

Kristen P. said...

I was wondering about the "equipped" part of this. We can get snow like that in NV if the storm is right. I barely even remember having snow days. We would maybe have 1 or 2 but never 13. That is crazy!