Thursday, January 15, 2009

on our calendar this saturday

7:30 am Eagle Scout Project for one of the priests
8:oo am James' basketball game
11:00 am Rachel's basketball practice
11:00 am Seth's basketball game
1:45 pm Birthday party for Seth's friend
2:00 pm Baptism for one of our missionary's girlfriend
2:45 pm Eliza's basketball game
3:00 pm Valerie's basketball game

And so it begins...basketball season. Sweet.

11 comments:

Alisha said...

wait a second...
missonaries girlfriend???

Britta said...

Poor Caroline! She'll feel left out. When do they start the toddler games?

Valerie said...

He's on a mission in Italy and his girlfriend here in Virginia is getting baptized. I know, it really didn't make much sense...how else do you say that in a word or two?

Valerie said...

Oh...we call him "our missionary" because he's out from our ward and was one of James' priests. We claim a lot of missionaries right now! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks Busy--

grandkrumps said...

Glad you clarified that "missionary's girlfriend" thing. But I can understand the claiming of those young men--as Britta can attest, we have the privilege of calling some spectacular youth "MINE." Our Saturdays are pretty grueling too--only there's no basketball involved. Mostly Temple, but this week we get to go to Bunko out at the Adventure Zone. Fun, huh?

nettie said...

oh my goodness...i was seriously about to sit down and write a post about how it was friday I had had only ventured out of my house once the entire week (one of the perks of moving to a new place--no responsibilities or commitments), then I read your post and thought maybe I was just being lazy...

Traci said...

Crazy -- how many of these things will you actually get to do? When our Saturday looks like that, I start dropping out of one thing after another -- I guess it's a defense mechanism for self-preservation!

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh wow...you are a busy woman Val!
What a schedule. Drive safe between all those activities!
You know, Jacob has been trying to convince me to fly down instead of drive, so I think I may obey the advise. On that note and seeing how busy you are, I would love to pop up and say 'hello' some time in the time I'm there, but you just let me know what time works best and if none does I'll plan a trip down again in a less basketball-esque season. :)

Valerie said...

Joanne,

We'd be so sad to NOT see you when you're out here. Our weeknights are not nearly as crazy. Thursdays we truly have nothing at all...


BUT, Saturdays through mid-March will be just like yesterday. It was so much fun, and exciting to give the kids a chance to learn a REALLY fun game. I wish I'd played when I was younger!

Joe and Joanne said...

Hey Valerie,
Sounds great! As long as I'm not interrupting anything I am definitely there - I would love to see you and the family!
I will plan to fly in on Thursday morning drive a rental car to your place. I'll then meet Jacob at the rental place Friday night when I return the car. Does that sound loke a good plan? Do you want me to bring along anything particular from Boston?