
I'm not going to put a lot of time and effort into this post, so whatever's on my mind tonight will be what you get...you'll get a taste of my stream-of-consciousness. Here goes...
- I own a 2-piece halter top swimsuit. Don't faint. It's the biggest-kept secret I have (had). I had about the biggest laugh of my life confessing this to Traci last month!
- I usually go throughout the week without make-up. Make-up seems to be a Sunday thing for me now...James can't tell the difference, and I have no time to fuss on these things much during the week.
- I am absolutely PETRIFIED of singing solos. Never have enjoyed my own voice singing alone. Today they asked me to even sing in a duet at Ward Choir. I told them I just don't do those. PERIOD.
- I'm contemplating having jaw surgery. I've been to the orthodontist recently and he recommends it, though I have to have a full assessment ($240) to know what absolutely would be the best for my mouth. I got Mom's tongue thrust and Dad's receding jaw. Wicked, wicked, wicked!
- I will go back to school for a master's degree sometime in the next 30 years. I just keep changing my mind what I want to do. Here are some of the different things I've wanted to study: social work, marriage and family therapy, speech pathology, family law.
- I get really nervous to have my haircut. I have this weird scar on the top of my head from an excision that I had done 8 years ago, and always have to explain it to the person cutting. I have not had a haircut since last October.
- I hate the feeling of getting out of the shower. I don't like to be wet and cold, so I stay in for a long time. Sometimes the thought of getting out of the shower will make me opt not to get in.
- I really like being the mom to girls. Growing up I always wanted to have a family of all boys, and now I'm just loving being a mom to girls. I understand their thought processes a little better than boys'. It's fun to have a lot of GIRL POWER in the home.
12 comments:
Sorry about the tongue thrust! And I know from experience that the jaw surgery is not fun (at least watching the process, not feeling it!) I am surprised about your halter top swim suit! It is fun to read your random thoughts!
I am totally with you on the shower thing! I LOVE warm showers, but I HATE being wet and cold. Now that the temperature is starting to cool down, it gets even worse. Winter mornings after a shower are aweful.
lol at #1...You are braver than I, I need all the help I can get holding my belly in. I don't even like tankinis
Well...this particular suit shows NO belly. It's one of those Land's Ends suits with the extra high bottoms. And the top goes long too. It's mostly the halter top that I was confessing!
I love it! By the way- people have lots of weird stuff on their heads! I've sceen LOTS of moles and scars, and bad dandruff. Don't be scared to get your hair cut because of that! And, I have the SAME jaw problems you do! Plus, I think I have TMJ. Do you? I would like to have jaw surgery,, but it's kinda scary. Tell us all about it if you do!!
Val, I am very proud of your confessional! I thought I'd have to take that first one to my grave!!! It's a cute suit! I personally like board shorts with my tankini top.
Your random thoughts remind me of our phone conversations -- hooray for our stream-of-consciousness!
Hey Valerie, I actually like the 2-piece halter-tops too. I find that they're more modest on average, than the 1-pieces these days. I have had a really hard time finding a 1-piece with a modest cut. When I've checked out the stores, the 2-piece halter-tops actually come with more of a "shorts" type bottom and a higher-backed top...so that's what I have too. I like the one you have - it's nice!
Sarah, I do have TMJ. My jaw pain always flares up when it changes season. I grind my teeth at night and used to have a jaw splint to help that out. One of the kids lost it, I think, so my teeth have just been SHIFTING so bad.
One piece of advice: If you EVER lose your retainer, save yourself $5K on having braces, and go get it replaced right away! I'm SO bummed to be thinking of braces AGAIN and the added bonus of jaw surgery.
haha, I grind my teeth at night too and wear night-gaurd/retainer everyday to help with it. Man Val, we have TWIN mouths! I'll make sure to never loose my retainer - thanks for the advice, that stinks to think about orthodontics AGAIN!
Valerie, your comment about singing solo's brought me back to 93-94 when you had a solo. I think even then it was a BIG deal...but you did it.
I think the shower deal is something that most struggle with...I know I will find myself just standing under the warm (hot) water and suddenly think to myself..."I need to get out!"
great list! halters are fun! welcome to the world of sudo modesty. :)
hey val, do i have your email. your confession about the two piece made me want to share pics from maui. i didn't wear a two piece, but my confession is that i enjoyed very much wearing my speedo to the beach :)
Post a Comment