Yesterday was Rachel's big 5 day! She woke up and when I asked her to get dressed she said, "Well...it might be hard to find clothes that fit me...I'm FIVE!"
We filled the day with a few of her favorite things:
- IHOP's pancake smile for breakfast out with Dad
- cereal straws for snack (brilliant marketing by someone who basically is reselling those pirouette cookies made by pepperidge farms)
- a trip to Build-a-Bear where "Cheetah Girl" was born (Rachel has no idea who the Cheetah Girls are, but often will call her animals "girl")
- lunch at Chick-Fil-A...we had to buy Caroline her own kid's meal!
- grocery shopping at Harris Teeter--a child's dream grocery store, including her own little shopping cart and free balloons
- a delivery from the fedex man--he came to our door when we were doing our photo shoot and delivered a birthday present from grandma
- picking up Eliza and Seth from school to go swimming at the new Warrenton Rec Center, woo hoo!
- macaroni and cheese and rolls for dinner
- chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
- telling us her wishes already came true when she received the horse Littlest Pet Shop set and a Webkinz!
We now have not 1, not 2, but THREE kids that are ages 5 and older. Whoa, where did these years go??
6 comments:
My goodness - 5 years old already! I cannot believe that! Happy birthday to Rachel, sounds like it was a very fun day!
Rachel is so sweet and dramatic too---you might have the next movie star in your home!
lol! She is so cute! Great pictures! I can't believe she is five either...I love cheetah girl, and I don't know who the cheetah girls are either. What a fun little girl.
Happy Birthday to Rachel! The pictures are so cute. I love your new Cheetah Girl, Rachel. I am glad the timing on the package arrival was so spectacular. And it sounds like a perfect day, from start to finish.
when i pulled up your blog i thought "who is that face". i didn't even recognize rachel after she turned five!!!! sounds like a wonderful day. i love all her silly comments, what a crack up.
How is little miss Rach 5 already? Where did the time go? Holy cow! I still remember when you were living in Provo and Eliza was little... and I slept on the floor in her room.That was when I changed my first poopy diaper. And now Rachel is 5.
BTW, that sounds like an AMAZING birthday. I wish my birthday could be that full of fun. My birthday this year is on fast sunday... so I'll get to go to church, and hall meeting, and and, a CES fireside with Elder Oaks. Not quite as crazy cool as Rach's big day!
Post a Comment