Friday, June 08, 2007

i couldn't resist

HE'S BACK!!! James FINALLY got back in town last night...what a LONG few weeks these have been. It started with the normal quarterly managers' meeting in San Francisco the day after Memorial Day, and then on his flight back home last Friday, he found out that he would need to get back on that plane and spend the next week in Los Angeles supporting the IT end of a litigation. He was home for just over 24 hours on Saturday of last week.

So...he returned last night and we all feel like we can breathe a little easier. Today he's been to Seth's Father's Day Picnic at school, and Seth will head into work with him afterwords. That'll leave me with just the three girls for piano lessons and swim team practice. What a relief!! I'd started to feel what I term, "quatrophobic": afraid of taking four children places. We are so glad he doesn't travel like this very often!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

i was totally bummed by the truth that brett showed. i liked thinking that somewhere, someone had posted that!!
your such a good mother valerie, i'm sure that everything was running smoothing (even if you felt chaotic).

Valerie said...

I know what you mean...James is such a web-skeptic though that I don't believe any of it much now. I wish it had been true...

marci said...

I thought that was really cool, until I looked at it closer... way to go Val!

Joe and Joanne said...

This is great. Good job at being single mom for several weeks! That's no small job, but I'm sure you were perfect at it. ;-)

nettie said...

quatrophobic...that's a good one! The pillows aren't ours, and Morgan did leave her sheep, but hasn't missed it yet...so no worries.