Thursday, June 14, 2007

alright...my 7 favorites

Joanne tagged me a few weeks back, and I'm finally getting back to her! I'm going to list 7 things I would call my favorites, in the order they come to me....

1. Leftovers. I wish I had some to eat tonight, because I have no dinner plan. I love anything to eat that is instant.

2. Carnation Instant Breakfast. Breakfast is the hardest meal of the day to fit in. See #1.

3. Staying home. If I don't have anywhere to go, I'm happy. I'm definitely a "Puddle" versus a "Toot" (Holly Hobbie book, for those of you unfamiliar). I get really sick of packing up the kids and going places. Someday, I'd like to travel the world, but for now, if I don't leave the house, I'm happiest.

4. My iPod. James got this for me for my birthday and I LOVE it. I've surprised myself (and James) with the number of country hits I've downloaded off of iTunes. I used to listen to country all the time, and now I love it even more.

5. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. I love their music. I love that they're married and not in the headlines at all with their personal dramas too...;)

6. Singing Faith Hill songs in duet with James. They have some pretty good duets. James sounds better than I do singing them though!

7. Roadtrips. I haven't been on a roadtrip in awhile, but I love them! I can't wait to head down to North Carolina in August and see some more of the coastline. I really want to make it up to New York and Boston on a roadtrip soon too. Roadtrips are great because you get to spend a lot of good talking time in the car, and see places you've never been. And with kids, they're much easier than flying!

8. Finding quilt shops on roadtrips. I know this makes #8, and I was supposed to limit it to 7 things, but this has just GOT to be mentioned. It just MAKES the trip!

Okay...I can check that off my list of things to feel guilty about. ;) I'm going to bug a few others who I'd love to see their list of 7 favorites! So...a call out to Traci, Jeanne and Alisha to post a blog about their 7 favorite things!

5 comments:

nettie said...

almost all of these are favorites of mine too! I love tim and faith! Except Tim McGraw's last album was kind of a dud. I knew I liked 3 songs on the CD, so I made the mistake of buying it, and those are the only 3 songs I like. Oh well. Do you like "I need you"? I LOVE that song, but have had to stop listening to it in the car because morgan started singing along..."wanna smoke that cigarette" (yikes)

and if you haven't introduced yourself to Brad Paisley, do it today! He is another favorite.

Now I sound like a country music junkie, which I kind of am, but I rarely get to listen to it. Lately I listen to whatever makes morgan happy, plus I like to hear her sing along.

And quilt shops on roadtrips ARE awesome! Did the blues you found in VA beach match the ones you had at home?

i'm rambling! bye!

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh Valerie - this was so much fun to read! As I was reading, it hit me we just haven't talked in a long time, and I feel like I'm becoming re-aquainted! Thank you for playing the game! :) I hope you do make it up to Boston on a road trip soon. I'd love to see you.

Love,
Joanne

Valerie said...

Nettie, I'll have to check out Brad Paisley!! I used only one of the blues that I got, but that blue (the one with stars in a circle) MAKES that quilt. I'll have to take a picture of it. I just got the rows put together last night. It really is a different blue, but it gives the blues a little depth. I'm thinking about calling that shop and having them send me another yard to use as a border, I like it so much. The other blues I'll just have to save for the next quilt...;)

Joanne, thanks for tagging me! I had some fun with that, and do hope to meet up with you in Boston within the next year!

Alisha said...

i feel the same as nettie!! eventhough i don't have an ipod (see valerie, you are more "in" than me) i really love tim and faith. i've wanted to go to a concert of theres for years and just haven't chalked up the money!!

i'll work on posting my top 7.

nettie said...

please do take a picture, I'd love to see it!