It has been POURING here since Saturday night and it doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon. Our little dry creekbed that separates property out here looked like a river yesterday. Normally about a foot wide, it spread to between 3 and 15 feet (probably more like 20 at the widest part). CRAZY!
The rain makes me feel right at home, but Seattle weather is not what the kids signed up for on summer vacation. Eliza keeps reminding me that we're supposed to go and practice riding bikes at the park for the 4th of July parade...it's just not happening. I was hoping to paint my wood adirondack chair too this week. :(
Well, at least I'm getting a lot of de-junking done! We've gone through all of Seth's toys, the family room, and we're off to tackle the walk-in closet that is just beckoning me.
Good thing James was able to mow the lawn! It'll be a swamp for a week, even after the rain stops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Wow!
hehe!!...This is Valerie's best post yet...especially the part about painting her chair that I bought for her birthday back in February...;)
I love you Valerie :D
I knew I'd get you started...just wanted to check if James read my posts or not. I do want to paint the chair, just haven't found the perfect chair-painting weather. ;)
You guys are funny. Man I wish it would rain for a week here! Save me some $$ on all our water bills! (we have to water our yard every day!) I am jealous... I always wanted a tractor mower, mostly I just want a yard big enough to need one!
Oh...I thought the chair was just on the same painting plan as Eliza's antique vanity. We leave it in the garage for 4 years...decide it's fine as is, and put it to use. The chair only has another 3.5 years to go :D...lol
;)
Oh and Brett, the tractor mower is AWESOME....I'm trying to figure out a way to install a supercharger on it and then paint some yellow flames on the side...:D
I'm just going to sit this dance out...:)
I don't know what you're talking about,rain in seattle? It's 85 degrees today, and yesterday it was 90, we haven't had rain for a while! Must be because you're hogging it all!
So Valerie, what color are you going to paint your chair?
It's this great blue with a hint of grey in it. I'll take a picture when it's been painted. Eliza now has pneumonia, so we're not going anywhere. Maybe I actually WILL paint it this week.
Wow! Eliza has pneumonia...that's awful. How's she doing? How's everyone else doing! We hope she feels better soon!
Eliza's doing much better. Her fever has been gone since Wednesday...just a very chesty cough left. She's bored a little and asked if she could please go to swimming today. If we can just hold off until next week to resume normal activities, I think she'll be in the clear.
Post a Comment