Thursday, June 29, 2006

Are these normal?

As I've said, we've received a lot of rain over the past week. As a result, our garden has grown OUT OF CONTROL. We've had some periods of sun over the last 2 days, and it seems like the weeds have just taken over. I don't even want to look at the damage to our bark and flowers out front. So, I'm not. I'm weathering the nice weather inside. ;)

Have you ever grown any zucchini? We have for a few years, but we've NEVER seen anything like these. (chapstick left for scale comparison) They have just not darkened, and so I've just let them grow. Now they're HUGE! Last night I cut one open just to see what it looked like inside. They're just not quite right. Did they not see enough sun? They're not as dark as I remember them getting in our garden in the past...

Got any good zucchini recipes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zucchini lasagna. Make lasagna like normal but instead of putting meat in it as a layer, put in zucchini, onion, red bell pepper (or green, I guess), and eggplant if you have it.