Friday, March 13, 2009

trifecta

I'm not sure if I've ever posted about one of my favorite words: trifecta. I first gained my love for the word while timing a swim meet. When all three timers were exactly the same, we got all excited that we were so accurate and had a 'trifecta'. It's rare, you know... ;) So I find myself watching for threes and casually throw out the word. I love it!

So, today I use the word to describe something not so fun: the strep throat trifecta we have going in our household. All three kids are home from school with it. I've been to the doctor three, yes three, days in a row. I wish they'd all get sick at the same time and we could just have one big doctor visit. So far, Caroline is holding out. The doctor wished us well as we left this morning and hoped we don't get to visit her again on Monday for Caroline.

At least this all held off so that Seth could have a great birthday on Monday. He didn't have a friend birthday party this year, but instead Seth was able to go to the Lego store and spend some birthday money. He was in heaven! And isn't that one cool Lego statue of Indiana Jones?

5 comments:

marci said...

That... is AWESOME! The Lego store is such a cool place!

Happy (belated) birthday, Seth!

Scott said...

Happy Birthday, Seth! Oh, if only I would've been there for one more day. You'll be baptized, soon, too! It was great to see you and your family, and I can't wait to see you this summer, too.

nettie said...

wow, that's stinks. it's too bad your dr couldn't just call in a rx to save you a trip. hope carrie doesn't get it.

seth looks so happy, what a fun store.

grandkrumps said...

I'm so glad to see Seth at the Lego store. Sounds like loads of fun! I'm sorry your trio has been sick. I hope by now they are on the mend. I saw Scott & Britta at the stake Basketball Tournament yesterday and he said the kids all got sick right after he left. That is no fun at all!

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh no....that stinks Valerie. Three with strep? Bummer. Hopefully Caroline's antibiotics from the sinus infection will have kept her Scott-free from the strep throat infection... My fingers are crossed.

Happy Birthday to Seth! And YES, that's a seriously cool statue!