I am so thankful to feel like my life is returning to a sort of "norm" that I have not had in far too long. It was 9 months ago that I saw the rug being pulled out from under me (healthwise), and did not know what to do to stop the current of frustrations it left in its wake. Quickly my routine-life became an ideal that I longed to get back. Though the scare of the situation lasted just over a month, finding the right balance of preventative medicine and seeing those symptoms disappear took a good portion of this past year.
As I reflect today on what I am grateful for, my HEALTH--seen in this new light--is number one on my list. Without it, I didn't feel like myself. I saw myself turn inward and put so much energy towards myself, my symptoms, getting myself back. It has taken until this last month for me to be able to put that all in the past.
So...since the middle of October I have been without any meds. How grateful I am to report that on a daily basis I am symptom-free. I feel like I have finally refilled the emotional reservoir that this experience took from me. I am so grateful.
8 comments:
Valerie, you are beautiful. And you and James make some cute kids.
thank you for sharing that. yes! thankfully you are feeling better. i love you and am so happy that your life is getting back to the norm without meds and/or symptoms.
I'm so glad to hear that you are finally symptom free. So the migraines are totally gone? I'm really happy for you. It's hard enough being a mom and keeping up without health issues! Say hi to everyone for us, love ya!
I too am glad your feeling more like yourself. Health is definitely high on my thankful list.
oh, and your short hair is really cute.
I,too, am so thankful that you are feeling more like yourself these days--it's hard enough to raise kids in health all alone without it.(did somebody say that already?) We love you and your beautiful family. ( Yes, we do take so much for granted!)
Valerie, this is a great post! Health is definately one of those blessings we don't think much about until we lose it under any circumstance, and you've been through the ringer this year!
I love the picture (and understand what it means to have those token moments where you're on the other side of the lens) - you look great!
I am SO GRATEFUL too! What a long, scarey year this has been for you. And in our way, we have worried for you every step on the path. So glad you are healthy again. Let's keep that hound at bay for a good long time. Love you all. And it's a wonderful picture. Love, Mom
Post a Comment