Before this is really OLD news (I guess it almost is now), we've had our own version of March Madness around here. Seth and Eliza both played basketball this season. Seth finished his second year of instructional ball and Eliza finished her second year of team ball. We can't wait to have both of them with teams and games next year!
It was fun, fun, fun to watch them both improve. I've yelled my poor throat out WAY too many Saturdays in a row now. But--the games were intense enough and I was invested enough (sorry to steal the term from BYU football) to really get into it! [I'm sure that's why I didn't join in the NCAA tournament this year. I was WAY more excited to see if Eliza's team made it through her elimination rounds ;) I have decided that next year we all will have our brackets filled out EARLY. Sorry Petersons!]
Okay, so I have to take you back a few weeks to the semi-finals for Eliza. They were playing a team that they had lost to once before. The game was close the whole time and went into overtime. The emotions were intense!! The girls played their little hearts out and when they found themselves ahead at the end of the game they just bawled and bawled.
So, the team had made it into the championships and were up against a team that they had lost to TWICE!! Eliza was really nervous going into the game. It didn't help that there were twins on the other team that had played on her team last year! The girls played together as a team the best they ever had and came off victorious! As one of the youngest players on the team, it was fun to see Eliza taste a little of that success!
8 comments:
yay for eliza! that's awesome, sounds like some pretty intense basketball.
and yay for a new post...glad that it was basketball keeping you busy and not other things. I was beginning to worry that you weren't feeling well again.
Is everything still good...any relapses?
Such fun times. And in that top photo, do I spy Seth sneaking across the backs of the bleachers? What a perfectly expected thing for a boy his age to do! Love you all. Grandma
ditto to netties comment.
great story to remember about beating those tough teams!!
I'm feeling really good. The meds are working to prevent migraines...I've started working out and that is helping too.
Just to be on the safe side, I've got an appointment with a Neurologist to go over all those weird symptoms, etc. I'm hopeful I can put it all behind me.
Mom...that was another player's younger brother, but if I remember, Seth was just in front of him in those bleachers. ;)
That's great about Eliza! Tell her congratulations! Migraines aren't any fun. I had them most of the summer after my freshmen year. I had to go see a neurologist and get an MRI. The medicine I was on to prevent them worked after a while and I was on it for a couple years. I haven't had any problems since, as long as I'm careful. So there's luck! Hope all goes well.
YAY! A New post! This is exciting! Way to go Eliza! I suppose I'm glad you're feeling better too... but I'm also excited to hear about your kids :D
Way to go Eliza. It is fun and intense to watch your children. Ahhh!Memories! Congratulations Eliza on your successful year and great times to look forward to,too.
Valerie, It's so good to see you back in the world of blogging! I've missed you! I hope you're feeling better. You're in my prayers that those silly headaches will completely go away!
Congratulations to you Eliza! Way to go! You look like the Basketball star in your outfit and with your trophy! Great job on your last game and on your season!
Post a Comment