I find myself in a RARE moment of complete peace in the house. Rachel headed off for an extended day of preschool, Caroline's down for a nap, the older kids at school. I paid all the bills, went through the stack of homework that I didn't look at over the weekend...even wrote a note to Seth's teacher volunteering to come in and read a story. The dishes are done (mostly). I've caught up on the blog commenting (mostly). I finished my book over the weekend, and that's always a let-down. I finished up on the laundry that I usually have rolling over into the next week. I've got my dinner in the crock pot...so what's a girl to do??
Do I dare just go QUILT? Oh my goodness...guilt-free quilt time. This is indeed a rare moment, so I just had to document it.
7 comments:
You truly are a busy woman! I've always considered motherhood to be the ultimately complex job there is on eart: It's the most truly important, requires the highest level of mental awareness, patience, love, and just in all respects keeps the mom 'busy' around the clock. It never ends: 24/7! You have to be it all: A doctor when they're hurt, a teacher (of math, history, english, PE, you name the subject, if they're taking it - you are prepared to be a resource for it) when they need help with school work, a community service volunteer when you help in their classes, an accountant of family financial affairs, a cook, the list goes on and on and on. You (and all mothers out there) truly AMAZE me. When the time comes for me, you can bet I'll be asking your advise 100 times a day!
I'm so glad to hear you got some quilting time, and I LOVE the design of the squares you've put together.
Hope you find another great book!
that must be your new fabric?...it's really pretty. Are you making it to keep or give away. and I agree with Joanne, that's a great square--different. I don't think I've seen anything like it, and it looks complicated, but I bet you'll say it's easy.
You are much better than me...I usually put all those things off to quilt, and then use the excuse that I need some me time.
have you seen the american jane line of fabric (I think it's moda). I LOVE that line...
Baby,
ALl your quilting should be guilt-free quilting.
I love you, James
I do quilt for "me" time, but while doing so I usually have a lengthy list running through my head of what I really should be doing. Isn't that terrible? Somehow, I've got to think of the me time being more important and stop feeling guilty for it...
I think this quilt is a keeper. Maybe it'll end up on our bed. We really need to paint our room, and a new quilt with new colors would be just the thing to get me to actually paint in there.
(And Nettie, the block is NOT easy. I thought it looked easier before I started. It's all those diagonal seams done with the pieces laying perpendicular to each other...like when you're connecting border strips. I'll be really good at that when this quilt is finished. I always hate piecing the diagonal borders so much that I end up just sewing straight across usually.)
that quilt is sooooo pretty.i love the colors too. we're going to have quilting enrichment in march and i can't wait to learn!!
The colors are absolutely gorgeous. And I know what you mean by those horrid diagonal lines. Just so you know, hand quilting is definitely therapeutic for my wrist, and I have officially begun to quilt your JS quilt. Of course, there will be a rather lengthy interruption, but I'll return to it!
I love the thought of guilt free quilting. There is something very satisfying about watching a quilt come together and become a useful item. No wonder women have been at these projects for centuries! Yeah for generations of quilters! Mom
I'm getting quilt envy - each time I see this picture, it gives me the desire to get to a real quilt someday! Looks gorgeous!
Post a Comment