Monday, February 26, 2007

once there was a snowman



We woke up to SNOW yesterday! Church was cancelled, and I felt like I had won the lottery!!! I had been up until midnight working on the Sacrament Meeting talk that I never had to give, and I had NOTHING prepared for singing time. I seriously lucked out!

James helped the kids build a snowman, and I baked cookies. Aaaah...what a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it when church is cancelled, but to have it on a day you are supposed to speak...it doesn't get better than that!

Great snowman. Sometimes I miss snow (sometimes). We have been having 70* weather the past week...I think winter is over for us. I am not at all sad.

Kristen P. said...

I am so jealous!!! We tried to make cookies yesterday but they were disgusting. We didn't have all the ingredients for our normal recipe.

I just got a new calling, Primary Chorister. AHHHHHHH!!! Maybe it will keep snowing here(it's finally snowing today)and I'll never have to do it.

Alisha said...

awe, i miss those days!!! looks like fun.
our last year in reno we had church cancelled three weeks in a row. i didn't know that the church did that!

Valerie said...

Oh, Kristen! I feel your pain. It's hard to jump into the calling of Primary Chorister with both feet.

I was just telling my sister today that I finally really LIKE my calling. At first I was just overwhelmed...now I have my standard fallbacks, etc. and I know the songs for the new year.

It really gets good when you know the kids and you've earned their respect. Until then though, it feels like an uphill battle. Good luck in the weeks ahead! Call me anytime to make a plan for singing time!