Sunday, August 27, 2006

School starts tomorrow!


We've had a busy week doing our last "summer" things before school starts. On Friday we went to meet Eliza and Seth's teachers for the year. We felt VERY fortunate that both kids had friends they knew in their classes and great teachers! (That's particularly amazing in Seth's case, since there were literally only 3 kindergarteners he knows at our school, and 5 classes of kids.)

So, tomorrow I'll be busting out the kleenex up at the bus stop. Sounds cruel to send kids on the bus the first day of school, but that's how it's done out here. If they don't ride the bus the first day, they miss the bus "orientation" (we'll just call it that). So, Rachel and I will hop in the car and follow the bus to school and hopefully get a parking spot to walk them to their classrooms. Wish me luck! I've been dreading tomorrow for the last few weeks and the pit in my stomach just keeps getting worse with time.

3 comments:

nettie said...

Ooohhh...tomorrow is a BIG day. How exciting for Seth. I bet Rachel is going to be lonely at home all alone (for a few months anyway).

I see your blog has had a facelift... it looks good.

Britta said...

I like the new look! Good luck with the beginning of school.

Valerie said...

We needed to redo the blog, after playing around with our template too much, changing fonts, and making it difficult to read. Advice: don't mess with the templates too much...it just makes things yuck. We like this template better anyway (James had set up our original blog while he was at work, so now I've had some say in it). Sorry, Sarah that it looks so similar to yours! There are only so many templates...