Friday, May 26, 2006
Why are you back so soon?
Today was one of Seth's last days in preschool. He goes one more time next Tuesday, and then has a graduation ceremony on Friday. He goes to preschool at the local high school and has two "teachers" who are students there. On Wednesday when we went to school, one of his favorite teachers, Miss Lisa, was gone for the day. So, today in Seth's oh-so-boy fashion when she came and met us at the ramp to walk him to class he walked right up to her and accusingly asked, "Where were you?" She smiled and explained that she was home sick on Wednesday. I coaxed Seth through a proper greeting when someone that you care about is gone and comes back (saying something like "I missed you", etc.) He internalized it and nodded and looked up at Miss Lisa and then asked, "Why are you back so soon then?" Funny boy...hasn't quite figured out those social graces... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seth says the funniest things!!!
Do you like that preschool program--with the high school students? They do it here, and I think it sounds great (plus it is much cheaper than most preschools).
I'm sure Val will say more....but we love it and Seth has absolutely loved it. It's popular here though and so you usually have to get on a waiting list. We were lucky and worked our contacts from Church to get in...
I know, we ARE bad
I could not say enough good about this preschool program!!! Seth started out after the move as a very unsure, scared little boy whose rug was pulled out from under him. (I think Scott and Britta might remember him best right before we moved...he was going through a really rough time even before all the change.) I know that part of his transformation this year is due to the preschool.
He loves the one-on-one time with the "teachers" and has benefitted so much from it. There are only 15 preschoolers in the class and about that many high school students. We run into the students from the high school all over town and Seth feels very important to know all these "big kids". It's so fun.
I've been very impressed with the students that Seth has worked with. Almost all of them want to go into teaching and have a real love for children and a patience with them. I had worried about them at first...
I'm one who believes that preschool is mostly for the socialization of children...and a mother's sanity! I can work on academics at home to prepare them for kindergarten. The break it gives me, and the chance for them to socialize and get used to having to respect a teacher, etc. is worthwhile. And you shouldn't have to pay out the nose for it!!
So for me, this was the perfect fit.
The whole "why are you back so soon" thing sounds like something one of the boys from my preschool would have said. Oh to be a 5 year old again.
How did graduation go? Last I heard it was the night before and you needed ideas for gifts for the "teachers". Hope it all went well, but I bet they didn't sing you a song about photosynthesis like we did at graduation :D Yay for the preschool!
Love you all!
Post a Comment