Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Did you know that we're expecting?

I'm not so good at getting the word out, so I apologize to the many out there that may not know! I like to be in denial for a long time and hide the bulge as long as possible. The less I talk about it, the faster the time seems to go...

So, I've hit 18 weeks and we have our ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday, June 1st! We're anxious to find out if Seth will ever have brother, or if he will just find "guy time" with his dad. They do have a lot of fun together, so it may work out not to mess with a good thing!

Yep, another fall baby for our family. Eliza's excited that it's possible we could have the baby on or around her birthday (Oct. 14th), so we'll see how close we can come to making her hopes a reality. (Secretly, I'd love for my body to work correctly and go into labor on its own a week early, but I won't hold my breath...never has gone that way for me.)

I see babies around the neighborhood and I'm starting to wonder if I'll remember how to do this one more time! It's been awhile...Rachel will turn 4 before this one's born, and Eliza wasn't even 4 when I'd had 2 more kids...(those were some WILD times). So, now it's my chance to just enjoy this one and see if I can remember what to do with a newborn. It'll all come back to me, right??

4 comments:

nettie said...

Valerie, I have no doubt that it will all come back to you...you are a pro! What is the exact due date?

Anonymous said...

Valerie, we are so happy to hear of your infanticipation! This baby will be our 51st great grandchild! Don't be worried about your memory, things like that will remind you automatically of just what to do!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! October babies are the best :-)

Valerie said...

My official due date is October 22nd. I've already talked my doctor into letting me set a date that he'll induce me if I just don't go into labor on my own. Even with Rachel my body really hadn't figured out that it can start labor on its own, so I can pretty much bank on making it to whatever date we set. I think it'll be just a few days before my due date...