Friday, May 14, 2010

goodbye

our current path
the dumpster to put all the bricks in



a cute little model

Wish us luck! Tomorrow begins the demolition of the path to our front door. James is excited to drive a little bobcat around and dig and haul dirt and gravel all day. This is what this busy guy gets to look forward to after having finished his classes this term!

{btw...I just have to brag here: James' finals went well...he scored a perfect 100% on his Accounting final!! }

I have a new-found respect for landscapers. There is so much research and preparation involved in even a (relatively) small project like we're undertaking. I have spent this entire week coordinating dumpster ($$$!!!), gravel and concrete sand deliveries, researching where to buy edgers for paving stones, picking up the sand and edgers (thanks, Holly) and making sure we had the correct tools for the job.

Here goes nothing.

5 comments:

Britta said...

I love Carrie dancing around in her silver slippers to be in all the photos! What a fun age she's at. I'm sad to be missing it.

Good luck with your walkway! What a job. I'd love to see the "after" shots.

Kristen P. said...

I hope you paid that model well. She is cute!

Scott said...

That looks like so much fun! That is not a small job! Certainly do-it-yourself paver walkways are possible, but they are really quite involved. I am impressed! I wanted to do paver driveway for our house, but was scared off by the amount of work it would be.
I would love to see progress photos and 'after' shots, too! Good luck!

Joe and Joanne said...

Congratulations to James on his finals! That's a truly amazing accomplishment!

The pathway project sounds fun. I can't wait to see pictures of the finished (new) pathway!

Carrie is adorable - loving the pics of her - she's so cute. :)

grandkrumps said...

Oh, my! What a gigantic project. I want the "after" photos when you're done, OK?

And congratulations to James on the PERFECT SCORE! That is simply amazing!