A few months ago we were at the rec center waiting for our swimmers, and Caroline and I walked past a dance class that was going on in a little room on the top floor at the pool. She stood still and silent for a few minutes (miraculous, I know) and just looked like she was in a trance. I explained to her that these big girls were in a dance class. Ever since, when we have gotten in the car she'll often ask, "Are we going to my dance class?" I cannot begin to count the number of times I was asked that question.
So, after much trouble (I've seriously not had near this much of a time signing ANY of the kids up for ANY of their activities), I was able to place Caroline at a local dance studio for a 2-year-0ld class. She started last week. It was rather painful, with her clinging to my leg and crying at times. She had talked it up SO much that this surprised me.
So this morning we went for class #2. Much to my delight, she walked onto the floor with the teacher and did not even look back. I had my spies (Seth and Eliza) periodically check on her through the first half hour. She was following directions and Eliza even reported that she was smiling! Success. For a few minutes.
Then the teacher came and got me to let me know Carrie had had a little potty accident. They let her finish out the rest of the class with wet leotard and tights. When I explained that it was time to go, Carrie pitched a fit. A real tantrum, right there in the dressing room. She did not want the class to end. Even in wet panties, she danced like a fairy and had the time of her life!
7 comments:
How fun! I miss dance class. She's so cute and I can't believe how much she has grown.
So it finally happened! That dance class has got to be Carrie's finest hour!
haha- wet panties and all- and she still wanted to dance ;) Sounds like some one I know. Livie would love to be in a class too. The girls will all have to dance together at the reunion! Maybe Amy or Alisha could teach them a class!
such a sweet little girl, and so grown up.
I like Carrie's skirt -- and I LOVE her smile!
So glad you're back on blogger! (I understand the not getting time to post anything syndrome though...)
Carrie is TOO CUTE! That's so fun she's expressed an interest in dance! She looks adorable with her hair "up" in her "dance do". :)
Too strange that it was so hard to get her signed up for the class...
That Caroline is still cute...How are those dance clases going?
Post a Comment