This week is our last week of school before Christmas break. What that means for a mother of school-aged children is that there are CONSTANT requests for this or that to be brought to school, gifts for the "adopted families", volunteers to help out for parties. Not to mention, the wrapping-up of projects and what that means to moms everywhere.So, I was not surprised to get an email about what Eliza's teacher needed for her holiday party. She's WAY into parties and is providing lunch for the entire class, having the kids bring things to make sandwiches. She had on her list of things she needed American and Swiss cheese.
So, I shot her back an email with this response, "I'll send in the cheeses...but I'll probably add some cheddar too. Swiss, American and Cheddar. I'm all over it."
When I went in for my math group volunteer time this week the teacher gave me a hard time about how picky I am about cheese.
I told her this, "If I could do one thing for America, I would get rid of American cheese." It's one person at a time in their own spheres of influence that can make a difference. ;)
9 comments:
my thoughts exactly. i HATE american cheese. just the thought of it makes me want to dry heave.
I still occasionally feel heartbroken that I left those yummy, yummy Wisconsin White Cheddar Cheese Curds in my parent's refrigerator that I bought for you that time we flew in and out of Denver. Do you remember? I got a big bag for me and a big bag for you and left them both in Minnesota! The worst part of it is I KNEW my parents wouldn't eat it and it would just be thrown away!
AMEN, Sister!! Go Tillamook!!
American cheese is only good to feed to American mice! Go CHEDDAR. I once made the mistake of fixing Brad a grilled cheese sandwich using American cheese. Even HE rejected (FLATLY, I might add) American cheese. What's wrong with Eliza's teacher?
Oh my goodness...that's incredible. American cheese is only one ingredient away from being considered a legal plastic (true...I learned it in my zoology class at the UW). Who, after knowing that, would ever want to eat it?
Way to go in sending the good stuff!
how can you even SAY that! I'm going to refer you to Stephen Colbert and he will not be slow to tell you that you are unpatriotic for rejecting AMERICAN cheese. I'm sure you prefer the anti-AMERICAN frenchies cheese better, eh?
EW! Olivia had a grilled-cheese sandwhich the other night from a local hamburger joint and it had American cheese. It was SOOOO sick! I agree with you, who likes American cheese anyway?(Olivia actually didn't seem to mind though;0 )
Val and her ode to cheese. Shan just shook his head. But I'm totally with you on the Tillamook. And my kids know which cheese to go running for at Costco.
Britta, I totally remember that! It was when you guys came out to Colorado for Rachel's blessing!! Oh, those cheese curds would've been so good...
Scott, you're right. Colbert would jump all over me for this blog! SO ANTI-AMERICAN...shame on me!
Post a Comment