Tuesday, December 12, 2006

does she ever open her eyes?

I looked through our pictures of Caroline and realize we have VERY few of them with her eyes open!

A few possible explanations:

  • 1. When she's awake, she's usually eating.
  • 2. When she's awake, I'm holding her and can't take a picture.
  • 3. When she's awake, the other 3 kids are awake--no chance for picture-taking...

I'm starting to worry about Caroline becoming very much a "Mommy's Girl". At church I lead the music in Primary and she just screams and screams during those times. A real bummer. Rachel would be passed around at church and go to just about anyone. I'm not giving up hope yet, but it's sure heading that direction... She likes James too, but others are just not acceptable.

4 comments:

Scott said...

that's a great picture of James with his eyes ope-- what? Oh, CAROLINE?! right. So, um, great picture anyway.

nettie said...

She's still cute even with her eyes closed...

About the "mommy's girl" problem, I know ALL about it. Morgan was/is the biggest mommy's/daddy's girl in the world. I think last Sunday was the FIRST Sunday she ever went and sat on someone elses lap...So, you may have 2 years of "crying whenever a stranger holds her" ahead of you. (I hope not!)

Alisha said...

mom and dad relate jill to morgan. the way she needs me to hold her at times. i guess we'll see as time goes on how mommy girl she's going to be.
val, how's carries skin?
jill's wasn't acne. it was seborrea (spelling?). i had to put hydrocortisone on it twice a day. it went away and has come back twice, not as bad though.

Valerie said...

I took Carrie in for that acne too. The Dr. said to put hydrocortizone cream on it, and the next day it was totally gone. It also has come back a few times, but not nearly as bad. He didn't give me a name for it, but sounds like the same thing.

Did Jill's skin get all dry and peely after the hydrocortizone cream? We ended up putting that Aquaphor on Caroline's face for the dry skin issue. I LOVE THAT STUFF!!! I've never used it before, and now I put it on any dry skin and it's normal in no time!