Tuesday, November 14, 2006

2 white dresses

On Saturday, Eliza was baptized! It was amazing to be part of it all. Eliza has such determination to do what is right and be a good example to her peers and siblings. It's so neat to see her growing up!

After the baptism, she's just glowing!

Then on Sunday, Caroline was blessed. What a sweet ending to an incredible weekend. We're grateful our parents and Marci were there to share it with us.

And finally...why you don't see family pictures of us! It's very difficult to get everyone looking the same direction. (This particular attempt ended with tears and gnashing of teeth.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, all the sudden there are tons of blogs and pictures, I love it! Congratulations to Eliza! Sounds like it was quite the weekend for everyone... Its like you went blog crazy like my wife for a minute there Val

nettie said...

Eliza looks so cute! She is really growing up!!!

Your hair is so long Valerie, it looks really cute. I love the family picture(btw)...It makes me laugh. I think family pictures are so much funner when everyone doesn't look perfect.

Scott said...

Congrats to Eliza! We love you! who's arm is that in the picture?

Kristen P. said...

I personally like the hand through the middle. It gives it just the right touch. ;)

Did you use the same blessing dress for all your girls or did they each get their own? I love all the pictures!!!

Valerie said...

I think the arm is Grandpa Pete's! It does just add to the effect.

I wish I'd had a dress for each girl, but ended up using the same for all. I couldn't find a blessing dress that I liked in Colorado for Rachel, so I was stuck using the same one. Then with Caroline, I figured I better stick with it or someone would feel left out. Oh well...

And my hair. Yeah--it's the longest I've had it since James and I were dating. Do you remember my hair long?

I just wish Sarah was here to give me ideas on how to style naturally curly, long hair. I was really used to the short cuts, until the humidity did a number on my short hair. Can we say FRIZZ?

Kristen P. said...

I don't know about you Val but my hair since I had Sam is not the same. Some of it is more curly now but not in a good way and some strands are still straight. I can say FRIZZ but for a whole different reason! And my hair grew so fast when I was pregnant. Did that happen to you, too?

nettie said...

I do remember when your hair was that long (barely). I was going to comment that it makes you look YOUNG, but I didn't want you to think that you look "old" with short hair...cause you don't.

(did that make sense?...)

nettie said...

oh, I have forgotten twice now to tell you how cute Eliza's baptism dress is! Did you buy it or make it? I love it!

Britta said...

The hand looks like it's a giant tickling baby Caroline.

Valerie said...

The dress was borrowed from some friends in the ward. I didn't think about it enough ahead of time, but I loved it. It was hand embroidered by the girl's grandmother and VERY sweet...very heirloom quality. We felt honored that they'd let Eliza wear it.

Alisha said...

i still remember the first time i meet eliza, as a brand new baby!! i can't believe it's been 8 yrs!! it's sad but fun to think about how we're all at different places in life now. i still feel like i don't know rachel and now i really don't know caroline. hopefully soon we can become aquainted. the family picture is great!! the finger adds that special touch.